What is Weather?
Why should we learn about the weather?
- So we know when it is cold or hot (James)
- So we know what to wear (Amy)
- So you can read the weather map (Reagan)
- So you can help other people be smart and wear the right clothes (Leila)
- So we can be safe - if there is a storm you can stay at home and take care (Ella)
- So we know if we need to wear sunblock or a hat if it is sunny (Miracle)
What do we know about the weather?
What I Know
What I Want to Know
What I Learned
What makes it snow?
What causes weather?
What causes seasons?
What causes storms?
How does rain turn into hail?
Why doesn’t it snow in New Zealand?
The weather is what it is outside… is it rainy? Windy?
What makes the weather? (sun - heat, moisture, wind, air pressure)
First we thought about what we already knew and then had a think about some questions about the weather we might have. We had a look at all these clips and then had a think about what we had learned..